Robert J. Corbett
Robert J. Corbett is a lifelong resident of Madison Heights. Bob’s parents moved in to the home on Sherry Street in 1955 a few months before the vote was taken to incorporate Madison Heights as a City. Bob attended St. Dennis Grade School and graduated from Bishop Foley High School in 1972. Bob attended the University of Detroit where he majored in Honors Economics.
Bob is an Associate Broker with the firm of Century 21 Campbell Realty, a Madison Heights business. He has been licensed as a real estate agent for 37 years specializing in investment and residential real estate. He is the former President of the South Oakland County Board of Realtors and received the Realtor of the Year award in 1997.
Bob began his civic involvement in 1969 when, as a junior in high school, he was appointed Secretary of the Madison Heights Drug Abuse Study Committee. Bob went on to serve as the first Vice-President and second President of Madison House, the forerunner to Gateway Counseling Services that is still serving the community over 40 years later. Bob has additionally been elected to 15 consecutive terms as a Precinct Delegate. Bob’s additional community involvement includes:
- Past Member and Secretary-Treasurer, Bishop Foley High School Board
- Two Terms Mayor Pro Tem, City of Madison Heights
- Current Member and Past Chairman, Board of Zoning Appeals
- Past Member, City School Liaison Committee
- Past Member and Secretary, Salary Compensation Commission
- Past Member, Charter and Ordinance Review Committee
- Former Chairman and Secretary, St. Dennis Religious Education Commission
- Member, Madison Heights Library Advisory Board
- Past Chairman, Political Affairs Committee, South Oakland Board of Realtors
- Former Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America
- Eagle Scout (1969), Boy Scouts of America
- Madison Heights United Methodist Church Liaison Committee.
Bob is married to the former Linda Kalinowski and they have together 5 children and 10 grandchildren. The grandchildren range in age from 26 years to 13 years old. Bob and Linda are outdoors people who enjoy hiking and camping when time permits. The Corbetts are members of St. Louise Catholic Community.
E-mail Councilman Robert J. Corbett