Madison Heights Garage Sale Notice Guidelines
Any person who wishes to have a garage/yard sale posted on the City of Madison Heights' official web site shall be subject to the following rules and regulations:
1) Garage sale notices will not be available for commercial or industrial advertising, advertising of in-home business or homes for sale, or political fundraiser information.
2) Garage sale notices must be submitted to the City for content review at least one week prior to requested posted dates. The City reserves the right to edit, remove or reject any submitted garage sale notice request.
3) There will be a limit of one garage sale notice request per quarter year per household.
4) Garage sale notice requests are subject to City Manager approval. The City reserves the right to edit, remove or reject any submitted request.
5) A contact person, address and phone number must be provided with all requests.
6) Garage sale signs: Temporary signs, not exceeding four (4) in number, three (3) square feet in area and three (3) feet in height, shall be permitted as follows: Private Property - ("Private Property Signs") – Signs are permitted on private property with the property owner's permission, along the approach routes to the garage sale, beginning on any day of the week, for a period not to exceed seventy-two (72) consecutive hours. Private Property Signs must be removed within four hours after the sale. (NOTE: You need the property owner’s permission to put a sign on their property!)
Right of Way - ("ROW Sign") – One (1) sign is permitted in the public right-of-way, on the corner of the street where the sale is being held. It must be placed near the street identification sign. The ROW sign may be used between the hours of 8:00 a.m. Saturday and 8:00 p.m. Sunday. The ROW Sign must be removed no later than Sunday evening at 8:00 p.m. (NOTE: The ROW sign counts toward one of the four total signs allowed. If you have a ROW sign you may only have three (3) Private Property Signs). (Zoning Ordinance Section 10.511 (I) (C) (8)) Each sign should include the address and date(s) of the sale. Any signs placed on utility poles, traffic lights, traffic signs, street signs, fire hydrants or trees will be removed