300 West Thirteen Mile Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Phone: (248) 583-0829
Statement of Services: The City Manager is appointed by the City Council and is responsible to the City Council for the efficient administration of all departments.
The City Manager is responsible for the implementation of the policies and direction set by the City Council. The powers and duties granted to the City Manager include:
- Direct and supervise all City Departments
- Provide administrative support at all Council Meetings.
- Enforce municipal ordinances, charter provisions, and other laws and regulations.
- Prepare annual operating budget.
- Report to Council on a continuing as well as ad hoc basis on the City's finances, operations, and future needs.
- Oversee all personnel functions of the City.
- Supervise the purchasing activity of the City.
- Assure positive relationships with the public.
- Work with outside governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Investigate and adopt new technologies.