Rules of the Road
Follow the rules of the road:
- Watch for Traffic.
- Ride on the right with the flow of traffic.
- Stop at all stop signs and all traffic lights.
- Use proper hand signals to indicate turns.
- Do not ride in the wrong direction on one-way streets.
- Walk bike across major intersections.
- Give the right of way to pedestrians.
- Ride single file.
Three out of four serious injuries and deaths that occur in bicycle accidents are due to head injuries. Helmets are recommended - look for the following:
- Chin Strap and Fastener
- Fit Snugly, Not Tightly
- Should Be Worn on the Top of the Head, Not Pushed Back
- a Stiff Outer Shell (Minimum Half Inch Thick Energy-Absorbing Liner)