The Board of Review denied my assessment appeal. What can I do now?
If you challenge the Assessed Valuation on your property to the March Board of Review and are not satisfied with their decision, you may protest further to the Michigan Tax Tribunal (MTT). You do not need an attorney to do this. The residential Small Claims Division is set up to accommodate small taxpayers' disputes. The decision that the MTT makes on your property assessment is final and not appealable to a higher court. To protest your assessment, you must file a letter with the MTT no later than June 30th of the current year.Michigan Tax Tribunal (MTT) website.

Show All Answers

1. What characteristics about my property are maintained by the City?
2. What is an Assessment Change Notice and why is it important?
3. What is the responsibility of the Board of Review and why do they meet at various times of the year?
4. The Board of Review denied my assessment appeal. What can I do now?
5. When do I need to file a Property Transfer Affidavit?
6. What is the Principal Residence Affidavit and what happened to the homestead exemption?
7. I plan on moving out of my residence. Do I need to let the City know?
8. When are my property taxes due?
9. I pay my property taxes through my mortgage company. What happens when I pay off my mortgage?
10. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income. My neighbor told me that I may be able to defer my summer property tax payment. Is there such a program?